Friday, September 4, 2015

Lindsay Stirling



Hey guys! Been a long time since I posted a media review but I have just fallen so head over heels in love with two artists lately and so I am going to do a separate post for each of them. What I am excited about is that these two artists did a collaboration together that is just so beyond epic. So the first artist and who I am going to talk about in this post is a lovely young lady named Lindsey Stirling and the other is the amazingly bad ass Lzzy Hale who is the lead singer of her band Halestorm.

So let's talk about Lindsey. She is a violinist and dancer from Arizona, USA, who competed in the 2010 America's Got Talent. The very first song of hers I heard was Crystallize. Ever since, I have listened to everything of hers that I can get my ears on. Quite honestly, her music makes me feel like I am flying and it is pretty much all I have listened to for the past few weeks and I still haven't got my fill. Her music is just amazing.

Now I want to talk about her music videos. All that I have seen are pieces of art in themselves and can be very stimulating to the imagination - at least they are for me. One video in particular I want to bring to attention is her music video to Beyond the Veil which I will share here:



I find the imagery so mesmerizing. It is like looking at a moving painting and Lindsay reminds me of a little fairy or sprite. Or maybe some kind of woodland nymph and if she has anything to do with the ideas for her videos then I also love her imagination. I just love her energy and zest - you can really tell that she loves what she does. Another reason I love her music so much is that it is so completely different from everything I have ever heard. These days, if someone wants to be a music artist, it feels like most people believe you can only be a singer or in a rock band. I really admire how Lindsey has taken a classic instrument and brought it into the 21st century. This beautiful blend of the classic sound of violin with the modern beat of dub step and faster beats is really refreshing and I love that a lot of her compositions are original pieces.

Anyway, if you haven't already heard her music, you should absolutely give it a listen and I would love to hear what you guys think as well. I would love to hear her do some kind of Tango sounding kind of song.

Lindsey, if you ever read this post, I just want to say that you are amazing and I think your music will go down in history. I feel that you are truly one of the great artists of our time and I want to thank you so much for all you do.

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy this amazing artist as much as I do!


Until next time,

Oriona

No comments:

Post a Comment